Boat Storage in Perris
Your boat deserves the very best care, in a convenient, easy to use location...at a competitive price. Let us be your clean, secure, boat storage facility. Our Monitored Video Surveillance provides peace of mind that your investment is safe and sound with us. Daytona RV & Boat Storage looks forward to doing business with you.
Boat Storage Tips
To ensure that your boat stays in great condition while in storage, consider these helpful tips:
- Consult your owner's manual for seasonal care.
- Prepare your engine in accordance with the owner's manual.
In winter, this will normally include draining and flushing the cooling system; draining and refilling the crankcase; applying oil to inside of each cylinder through the spark plug holes; and other preservative actions.
Clean and Preserve
- Thoroughly clean the hull, decks, cockpit, bilge, all compartments, lockers and the exterior of engine, and coat with an appropriate wax or preservative.
- Wax your boat before storing.
- Drain fuel lines, pumps, carburetor and tanks or fill completely, and add fuel stabilizer.
- Leave all floorboards up, doors ajar, ports and skylights open, hatches partly open, drawers and lockers open.
Cover and Secure
- Carefully fit a well-made cover, provided with ventilation ports. If boat is to be stored outdoors, make sure there are no low spots in the cover that will hold rainwater.
- Place a cover over engine. Do not leave the engine exposed to the outdoor elements.
Advanced Planning and Accessories
- Don't forget the trailer. Check tire pressure, and cover tires, if they will be exposed to the sun. Check and pack wheel hubs, if necessary, and lubricate jack.
- Finally, note dates of registration, tags, certificates and insurance, etc., and plan for renewal, if they expire during your storage term.